woensdag 31 maart 2021

Figuary Day 31 Capstone

Een maand, gewijd aan modeltekenen. Dit is het SLUITSTUK van deze serie.
Ladies and Gentlemen .... May I present : TATATATAAAAAA! ♥♥♥♥♥♥




Figuary21 Dag 31 - Venus von Willendor, Aquarel door Linda S. Leon

 


THE ONE AND ONLY

VENUS VON WILLENDORF


Aquarelstudie
in mijn schetsboek
15/21 cm






Het model voor mijn laatste schets van Figuary is één van de oudste en best bewaarde beeldjes van een vrouwelijk naakt uit de Europese geschiedenis, en meteen de eerste schets van Oostenrijkse juweeltjes, die ik met me meebracht van mijn reis naar de Wachau, vorige zomer.
Is deze kleine (11,1 cm) kalkstenen (Oöliet) Godin geen schoonheid voor haar leeftijd? (+/- 26.000 lentes).
Ze werd in 1908 opgegraven bij Willendorf een plaatsje dat tot de gemeente Aggsbach  (Oostenrijk) behoort, door de archeoloog Josef Szombathy.
Dezer dagen is ze te bezichtigen in het Wiener Naturhistorische Museum


The model for my last sketch of Figuary is among the oldest well preserved 3D figure sketches of a female nude in history of Europe, and directly the first sketch of Austrian treasures, I brought with me from the Wachau last summer...
Isn't this little (11.1 cm (4 3/8 inches)) limestone goddes a beauty for her age? (+/- 26.000 years old)
Discovered in 1908 by the archeologist Josef Szombathy near Willendorf (Austria)
Nowadays you can admire her in the Museum of Natural History in Vienna.


WATCH THE COMPLETE SERIES HERE
BEKIJK HIER DE HELE REEKS



I wish you all a sunny and lovely weekend.
See you, sometime next week!





4 opmerkingen :

  1. Interesting (and a very nice drawing of her). I looked up more details of the old Venus. A great find.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. A great find indeed. Many years ago I saw her on the Europalia exhibition with guestland Austria. Her neat state impressed me so much she became one of my favourite ancient artefacts. But only last year I saw the location where she was found. It gave me the chills... =]

      Verwijderen

Dank je om me hier een teken van je bezoek na te laten.
Thanks for leaving some sign of your presence here.